45th Annual Spring Member Exhibition 2023
Soon Warren, Juror
Juror’s statement. “I enjoy painting with passion, as I look for every painting, which I call attitude. When the attitude is combined with any of the following qualities: strong composition, expression of color, confident draftsmanship, or any combination of these elements, it draws my attention. Witnessing the unique perspective of each artist, with emphasis on surprising aspects of otherwise ordinary subject matter, is always invigorating and inspirational. I appreciate how and why one paints rather than what one paints. I encourage paint what you love with passion.”
April 1 through April 30
North Hills Gallery 7050 Village Center Dr Austin TX 78731
Reception and Awards Presentation April 23, 12:15
8 Merit Awards: $35 each
- Open to all current members of Waterloo Watercolor Group. Go to waterloowatercolor.org to join.
- Our member show assures each member submitting will have one or more paintings included.
- Artwork must not have been accepted in a previous WWG juried exhibition and must have been completed within the last two years.
- Entries must be original and not copied from another artist’s work, photographs, or publications.
- Work produced in classroom or workshop under supervision or collaboration of artist instruction is not eligible.
- Work may not be based on or directly derived from reference materials created or arranged by others, even if with permission, royalty-free or not copyrighted.
- All accepted work must remain at North Hills Gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- All work must be hand delivered and picked up at the Gallery.
Media and Substrates
- Watercolor, gouache, acrylics, egg tempera and casein paints as well as watercolor pencils, crayons and water soluble inks are accepted.
- Mediums, gels, gesso and other painting supplements may be used. Pastels, gold and silver leaf are acceptable as long as water-based medium is dominant.
- No water-based oils.
- Collage is acceptable using hand-painted white papers painted with water-based media.
- Acceptable papers/supports include cotton rag, oriental papers, synthetic paper (Yupo), watercolor canvas and any kind of coated paper or board. Waxed watercolors accepted.
How to Enter
- Electronic applications will be accepted beginning March 1st and ending March 13.
- Entry fee of $30 for 1-3 images.
- The submitting artist agrees to the terms and conditions stated in this prospectus, including granting permission to reproduce artists’ work for publicity
- To submit your electronic application, please go directly to: http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com and look for Waterloo Watercolor Group 45th Annual Spring Member Exhibit 2023.
- Images should be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1920 pixels on the longest dimension @72 dpi. The file format may be JPG.
- Images must not show mat or frame and must be an accurate representation of the artwork.
- Specific details on how to prepare your image can be found at: http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com. Click on the “Image Help” tab.
- Sales of exhibited artwork is subject to a 20% donation to North Hills Gallery.
- All sales and taxes are handled by the artist.
- Artwork marked Not for Sale (NSF) will be accepted.
Presentation of Artwork and Framing
- Mats, if used, must be white, off-white or a pale neutral. A colored liner may be used.
- Acceptable framing materials include metal and non-ornate wood frames in black, white, dark colors, gold silver, bronze, pewter and wood stains. Paintings may be mounted on cradle board with finished edges.
- Acrylic glazing only, no glass. Waxed watercolors are acceptable.
- Framed work must not exceed 42 inches in height or width with a minimum of 10″ in either directions.
- Paintings must be secured in a frame and wired. No saw tooth hangers.
- Label the back of the painting with the artist’s name, title of painting, price and contact information, including phone number.
Limitation of Liability
- Artwork will be handled with all possible care in the handling, transportation, installation of accepted paintings; however, neither Waterloo Watercolor Group or North Hills Gallery, will be responsible for any loss or damage.
January 30, Monday Open for admissions, http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com
March 13, Monday Entry deadline
March 17 , Friday Notification of acceptance via email
April 1, Saturday 10:00 am Hand deliver accepted entries to North Hills Gallery
April 23, Sunday 12:15 Reception and Awards presentation
April 30, Sunday 11:15-1:30 Strike