Waterloo Water Group
45th Annual Fall Exhibition 2022
Barbara Nechis, Juror
Juror’s statement. “To me a successful artwork is one that pulls me in. Does it delight, surprise or provoke my thought? I look for each painting to be interesting for some reason of content and form. Merely being an observer or displaying facile technique is not enough. Is the work well crafted reflecting competent drawing skills, confident application of paint and thoughtful use of color? Viewing art should be an emotional experience. One must react to it. I do not apply pre-set criteria although I do like to select a broad range from abstract to realistic, planned to spontaneous, simple to complex. I hope that all I select will reflect the distinct personality of my choices.”
September 18 through October 30
North Hills Gallery 7050 Village Center Dr Austin TX 78731
Reception and Awards Presentation October 2, 12:15
8 Merit Awards: $35 each
- Open to all current members of Waterloo Watercolor Group. Go to: waterloowatercolor to join.
- Artwork must not have been accepted in a previous WWG juried exhibition and completed within the last two years.
- Entries must be original and not copied from another artist’s work, photographs, or publications.
- Work produced in classroom or workshop under supervision or collaboration of artist instruction is not eligible.
- Work may not be based on or directly derived from reference materials created or arranged by others, even if with permission, royalty-free or not copyrighted.
- All accepted work must remain at North Hills Gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- All work must be hand delivered and picked up at the Gallery.
Media and Substrates
- Watercolor, gouache, acrylics, egg tempera and casein paints as well as watercolor pencils, crayons and water soluble inks are accepted.
- Mediums, gels, gesso and other painting supplements may be used. Pastels, gold and silver leaf are acceptable as long as water-based medium is dominant.
- No water-based oils.
- Collage is acceptable using hand-painted white papers painted with water-based media.
- Acceptable papers/supports include cotton rag, oriental papers, synthetic paper (Yupo), watercolor canvas and any kind of coated paper or board. Waxed watercolors accepted.
How to Enter
- Electronic applications will be accepted beginning August 1, and ending September 1st.
- Entry fee of $30 for 1-3 images.
- The submitting artist agrees to the terms and conditions stated in this prospectus, including granting permission to reproduce artists’ work for publicity purposes.
- To submit your electronic application, please go directly to: Enter Show to find “onlinejuriedshows” and look for Waterloo Watercolor Group 45th Annual Fall Exhibit 2022.
- Images should be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1920 pixels on the longest dimension @72 dpi. The file format may be JPG. For assistance contact:
- Images must not show mat or frame and must be an accurate representation of the artwork.
- Specific details on how to prepare your image can be found at: http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com. Click on the “Image Help” tab.
- Sales of exhibited artwork is subject to a 20% donation to North Hills Gallery.
- All sales and taxes are handled by the artist.
- Artwork marked Not for Sale (NSF) will be accepted.
Presentation of Artwork and Framing
- Mats, if used, must be white, off-white or a pale neutral. A colored liner may be used.
- Acceptable framing materials include metal and non-ornate wood frames in black, white, dark colors, gold silver, bronze, pewter and wood stains. Paintings may be mounted on cradle board with finished edges.
- Acrylic glazing only, no glass. Waxed watercolors are acceptable.
- Framed work must not exceed 42 inches in height or width with a minimum of 10″ in either directions.
- Paintings must be secured in a frame and wired. No saw tooth hangers.
- Label the back of the painting with the artist’s name, title of painting, price and contact information, including phone number.
Limitation of Liability
- Artwork will be handled with all possible care in the handling, transportation, installation of accepted paintings; however, neither Waterloo Watercolor Group or North Hills Gallery, will be responsible for any loss or damage.
Show Chairs – Contact for assistance or questions
- Helen Green 713 385-0644, [email protected]
- Jennifer Polnaszek 210 895-7459, [email protected]
- Lynn Zwern 512 784-2320, [email protected]
August 1, Monday Open for admissions, http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com
September 1, Thursday Entry deadline
September 6, Tuesday Notification of acceptance via email
September 17, Saturday 10:00 am Hand deliver accepted entries to North Hills Gallery
October 2, Sunday 12:15 Reception and Awards presentation
October 30, Sunday 11:15-12:15 Strike